Postalm near Strobl
The Postalm near Lake Wolfgangsee is an extensive natural Alpine pasture area lying at an altitude of 1,200 metres above sea level and is just 28 km from Fuschl am See. The Postalm is well worth a visit and the toll road leading up to the pasture is absolutely breath-taking.
* It is the largest high altitude plateau in Austria and is renowned for its natural beauty, snow-sureness and fog-free weather conditions for most of the year.
* The plateau offers visitor panoramic views of the surrounding mountain ranges.
* Additionally, in winter the Postalm becomes a family-friendly ski area offering excellently prepared pistes, ski hire, cross-country skiing trails, natural toboggan runs with toboggan hire and a snow play area for the young and young at heart.
* Take the pace of your life down a notch or two and enjoy the unique experience of snow-show walking.
* Rustic Austrian mountain hut restaurants with inviting sun terraces are just too hard to resist. It’s the best way to take a break and enjoy some traditional Austrian hospitality and cooking.
* This is a day out for the whole family that shouldn’t be missed !
Zwölferhorn St. Gilgen
This ski resort is accessed by a nostalgic cable car and is unique. Starting in St. Gilgen on the shores of Lake Wolfgangsee, just 8 km from Fuschl am See, it stretches up to the summit of the Zwölferhorn Mountain.
* The Zwölferhorn Mountains is one of Austria’s most breath-taking viewpoint peaks with stunning views of the surrounding mountain panorama and the picturesque Wolfgangsee Lake.
* The ski area offers skiers challenging runs with lots of natural snow and is a real inside tip for ski enthusiasts who love off-piste skiing and powder snow as well as snowboarders and mountaineering skiers.
* In Franzl’s Hütte mountain hut restaurant next to the mountain station of the cable car you can enjoy excellent, traditional dishes in cosy and rustic atmosphere.
Obertauern - approx. 105 km away
Flachau - Wagrain - approx. 80 km away
Dachstein - approx. 95 km away
Hochkönig- Maria Alm- approx. 100 km away